There are a lot of variables that affect how your boiler works, so while booking an annual service with a registered engineer can enable you to decrease the chance of failures, mistakes or alternative issues, it might not be able to remove them entirely.
Fortunately, there are several other things that you can do throughout the year, to make sure your boiler is operating safely and efficiently, which might additionally help you to prevent unnecessary crisis call-outs between services.
Take a look at our top care points to keep your boiler in great condition, all year round!
Top 15 Boiler Servicing Tips
- Regular servicing is the secret to a joyful boiler – have your boiler serviced yearly by a registered engineer to be sure that it’s running safely and efficiently.
- For those who have a pressurised system, assess the pressure consistently and (if required) adjust it so that it matches the recommended readings in your boiler guide.
- Analyse your central heating timer to be sure that it’s operating accurately.
- Be sure that your boiler condensate pipe is accurately lagged, to stop it from freezing during cold weather.
- Check your boiler for sooty black marks, which could signal a combustion difficulty. In case you become aware of any, contact an experienced engineer immediately.
- Bleed your radiators consistently to remove excess air from your central heat system.
- Check that there’s sufficient ventilation all around your boiler. If your boiler is located in a cupboard, keep the region around it clear of litter.
- Check that all outside ports, flues and air bricks are clear.
- When you can see the pilot light in your boiler, make sure it’s a solid blue fire (in case you own a gas boiler). In case the fire is yellow or smoky you need to report the issue to an engineer immediately.
- Flush your boiler twice a year with clean water. You might also wish to think about using a descaler.
- In case you’ve got an oil boiler, check your oil amounts often. In case you run out of oil, your system may suck sludge and debris from the bottom of the tank into the conduits, damaging your boiler.
- Keep a duplicate of your boiler manual close to hand. In case you don’t have a duplicate of your guide, contact the maker or check their site.
- Ensure you’ve got a Carbon Monoxide detector installed in the same room as your boiler and examine it at least once per month.
- Boiler Issues? Our Fast Repair Service Won’t Leave You in the Cold!
- By looking after your boiler between yearly services you could prevent malfunctions, expensive care costs and repair call outs. But if any boiler issues do arise, you must always contact an experienced engineer as soon as possible.
Just fill out our quick quote form to view immediate on-line prices from sure, independent engineers in your region today!