Like all things mechanical, a boiler can develop faults overtime. Eventually, these faults can lead to a complete system breakdown if not repaired promptly. While some defects are perhaps inevitable, an annual one-off boiler services, carried out by an accredited expert, can prevent minor issues from developing into major headaches.
The advantages of a professional boiler service are undeniable, both for your purse strings and your safety. The key benefits are:
- To ensure your boiler is not developing any faults which could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Official figures from the NHS show that 200 people per year become seriously ill because of carbon monoxide, which is an odourless, tasteless and colourless gas.
- According to The Carbon Trust, a regular service can render your boiler 15% more energy efficient.
- An annual one-off boiler service will result in a more reliable system, making a breakdown less likely. Recent research from a leading price comparison website suggests that one-in-five British households suffered a breakdown in winter 2015, leading to an average repair cost of £300… On average, a service will cost between £50 and £80.
In general, manufacturers advise that their boilers are checked by an accredited engineer on a yearly basis. We recommend our customers book a service in preparation for the winter season, as this is when boilers perform their most important work.
Further benefits of a one-off boiler services
A one-off boiler services can be more cost effective than paying for annual cover; it allows you to shop around for the best price and to find the most reliable local engineer.
Other benefits of an annual service include:
- An increase in your boiler’s lifespan
- Ensures optimum operation and efficiency
- A complete boiler system check and clean-out
Using our no-obligation service, you can find a reasonably priced, local Gas Safe and OFTEC certified engineer for a boiler service to be carried out at your own convenience.