OFTEC has an important role in maintaining oil heating standards
The Oil Fired Technical Association (more commonly referred to as OFTEC) is the trade association for the oil heating industry. The UK government, heating manufacturers, and oil companies accept OFTEC as the main association for the domestic and commercial oil heating and distribution sector.
OFTEC provides support to oil appliance installers and manufacturers operating in the industry. In addition, they offer training and safety assessments. Furthermore, they support consumers of oil heating appliances, and those who hire the services of an oil technician.
OFTEC certifies boiler and heating technicians at a high level. The association works hard to maintain standards of excellence within the oil industry. As a result, they ensure only the most qualified and reliable installers and manufacturers are protected by its trusty name.
Homeowners and owners of commercial property will find a wealth of knowledge on the OFTEC website. Consequently, it is a good place to visit if you’re considering oil heating and cooking appliances as an alternative to gas heating. Consumers can also visit the website to find a registered oil engineer on the OFTEC list of ‘competent persons’.
The role of OFTEC and its importance:
- Promotes high levels of excellence in the oil manufacturing, installation, and maintenance sectors by consistently upgrading industry standards based on technical and safety advances within the industry.
- Encourages installer development by providing training and assessments for oil appliance installers at OFTEC-approved centres.
- Provides a list of qualified oil engineers as part of the OFTEC competent persons scheme.
- Inspects oil appliance products to ensure standards have been maintained and also awards accepted products with a OFCERT© certificate as proof of approved quality and safety credentials.
- Represents the UK on matters concerning the global oil industry to the European Commission.
- Promotes the use of oil heating and cooking equipment.