Welcome to Warm.co.uk, the easiest place to find and compare new Boiler Installation quotes. Click here for our online calculator and we'll ask you a few simple questions about your property and boiler. No personal details are required. A fixed price will then appear on screen.
Or, if you prefer to speak direct to local gas engineers, use the “Get 3 FREE Quotes” form to the right. We will match your requirements with our trusted & accredited Gas Safe engineers. We aim to get you 3 FREE no-obligation quotes the very same day.
Your Boiler installation is perhaps the most crucial step in ensuring you have a heating and hot water system in your home that is energy efficient as well as effective. A Good boiler installation is vital for a number of reasons. Firstly, it will ensure proper function. It will make sure the appliance is energy efficient too. Lastly, it will confirm the boiler is safe and won't pose a threat to you and your family’s safety.
Types of Boilers We Can Install
We can install any type, regardless whether they are for domestic or commercial settings.
Gas Boiler Installation
- System boilers: These appliances require the installation of a cylinder for storing hot water. Luckily, the major heating and hot water components are built into the boiler itself. This makes them easier to install than some other types.
- Combi boilers: Highly efficient and cost effective, it is relatively quick and easy to install these boilers. This is thanks to the fact that no hot water cylinder or cold water storage tank is necessary. Their small size makes them the perfect choice to be installed if you have a small property.
- Regular boilers: Best installed if your property has an older radiator system. It may not be able to cope with the higher water pressure that results from having a system or combi boiler. A separate cold water storage tank is also needed to feed the hot water cylinder.
- CHP boilers: CHP (Combined Heat and Power) are a relatively new type of appliance for domestic properties. Previously they were available in larger formats for commercial premises. Generating both heat and electricity, the installation of these boilers is straightforward.
Electric Boiler Installation
- Direct acting electric: These are simplest type and installation is a straightforward process. As a result they are generally cheaper than installing other types.
- Electric CPSU: Combined Primary Storage Unit boilers are more popular in commercial settings thanks to their larger size. Domestic properties would need to have plenty of space to install one.
- Storage electric: Some of these have a separate hot water boiler whereas others have a built-in storage unit. They take up more room than other types and take longer to install.
Boiler Installation Tips
- Qualified,highly experienced professionals should install boilers. Gas Safe (formerly known as Corgi) heating engineer or plumbers should do this in the case of gas boiler installation to ensure they meet the regulations.
- Boiler installation costs depend upon the type of appliance installed. Some boilers take more time to install and some require separate hot water cylinders and storage tanks, both of which can increase the cost.
- Don’t try to install yourself; this is extremely dangerous. Only a heating engineer or plumber fully registered with Gas Safe should do the job.
The Installation Process
- They will begin by checking your current water pressure, the number of bathrooms and radiators, as well as taking a look at your current boiler and its position
- A straightforward like-for-like boiler swap can be finished on the same day, whereas a more complex job such as moving the boiler will prolong the installation. Once the work is finished, the engineer will talk you through your new boiler and how it works.
- After the job is finished comes the horrible part, payment. Our advice would be to get a fixed quote before work begins to avoid any surprise additions the the bill. Use our approximate costs to give you some insight into how much it’s going to cost and what the best option is for you financially.
- A lot of companies give you documentation to prove compliance, this is known as a gas safety certificate. It can be worth asking for this if you haven’t received it soon after your new boiler installation.
- Many companies also offer you a guarantee on the services. If you have any queries about the work that has been done, you should chase this up as soon as you can.
New boilers are important investments and you should take your time and do your research to ensure you make the right decision for your home. Hopefully this article has given you guidance on what model you need and how much it’s going to cost you. If you’re in need of further information you should seek the advice of a professional engineer. You can also find out more if you want a biomass boiler.