A problem with the boiler or heating can cause a lot of stress. It not only makes your property less comfortable; it also causes disruptions and can result in big costs to repair the issue. A better alternative may be to upgrade to a reliable modern system. If you want to explore the benefits, read on and then think about contacting a reliable engineer who offers central heating and boiler installation Glasgow residents can’t rate higher.
What are the major causes of problems?
Generally all issues will lead back to a damaged component in the boiler itself or problems with the pipes and radiators. Common issues include:
- No heat or hot water – This could be caused by a loss of pressure, a damaged thermostat, a broken diaphragm, a damaged motorised valve, or even low water levels.
- Leaking – Leaks can occur in different places. When the pressure is set too high it can cause seals to leak. If it is the pump the component may be worn. Corrosion can also cause tank and pipe leaks.
- Lost pressure – A water leak or low level can lower the pressure. Failing to bleed the radiators and a broken relief valve can also cause it.
- Strange noises – Air can cause a number of different noises in the system. Pressure problems could also lead to kettling. If a pump in an older system is about to fail it can lead to banging sounds.
- The pilot light is out – A draught, broken thermocouple, build-up of carbon, or lost gas supply can cause this.
- Thermostat issues – Over time a thermostat may become less accurate or not turn on or off at the right times. This could be due to the property being warmer than expected or because the device is old and damaged.
- Radiators don’t heat up – sludge and air can build up in radiators over time. This can result in them not heating up or only getting hot at the bottom.
If you have any concerns contact a professional engineer. They will advise you and determine what the best course of action is for you. Warm.co.uk can help with this, making it easy to find specialists at central heating and boiler installation Glasgow residents can rely on.