Central Heating and Boiler Installation Manchester

Boiler Installation ManchesterMost people choose to upgrade their boiler because it has become inefficient and is costing them a lot in repair and servicing bills. More importantly than this though, an old appliance may be a safety risk. Residents and business owners should seriously consider being proactive and upgrading to a safe, modern unit. We can help with this. After-all, we arrange the best central heating and boiler installation Manchester has to offer.

Look for the signs

There are four clear signs that your boiler is unsafe:

  1. Firstly, if you smell gas or fumes around the device there could be a leak.
  2. Signs of scorching, soot, or black spillage on the unit indicate an issue.
  3. If the pilot light has changed to yellow instead of blue or regularly goes out there is a problem.
  4. Experiencing nausea or headaches when the boiler is on indicates carbon monoxide is leaking.

If you notice any of these signs you should turn the machine off and contact a Manchester based Gas Safe Engineer as soon as possible. They will come out and inspect the appliance. This will indicate what the problem is and if a fix is possible. In many cases new boiler installation is better in this situation, especially if the boiler is very old.

Never attempt to fix an appliance yourself, whether it is a new model or an old one. This is a job for trained professionals. You could inadvertently increase the hazards if you open the boiler and try to work on it.

When it comes to central heating and boiler installation Manchester has plenty of experienced engineers to choose from. Warm.co.uk can help you to quickly find someone to do the job for you. Whatever your needs, it is our pleasure to provide a convenient service and no obligation quotes for various services.

Carbon Monoxide is a serious hazard

Central Heating and Boiler Installation ManchesterOf the four things to look out for we mentioned, carbon monoxide is the worst. It is a clear odourless gas that is very difficult to detect. Exposure to it can result in poisoning and even be fatal if not detected in time.

Boilers produce the dangerous gas for a number of reasons. Problems generally come due to a malfunction, incorrect boiler installation, bad maintenance, or a blocked air supply.

Many old appliances are open-flued. This means they take air from the room to keep the pilot light burning and produce heat. As a result the room should have air vents to ensure a steady supply. They are generally located in the floor or close to a window.

With time the vents can be blocked for a number of reasons, including incorrect DIY and intentional covering. This will restrict or completely cut off the supply of air. As a result the gas can't rise up the flue and will spill into the room.

The build up of carbon dioxide can go unnoticed for a period of time unless you know the symptoms of poisoning or have a detector. This goes to show how important it is to maintain old boilers carefully. Alternatively, you can upgrade to a system that does not need the air supply to come from the room.

Modern boilers are safer

Opt for professional central heating and boiler installation Manchester residents rate highly if you want a new system. They will ensure a professional fitting that ensures there are no concerns with faults. This will also make sure carbon monoxide does not become an issue.

Warm.co.uk is the easiest place for Manchester property owners and businesses to find a boiler service. We do all of the work, contacting our local Gas Safe Engineers on your behalf. All you have to do is decide what quote to accept.

You can reach us at 0800 311 8990 to get a price or complete our quote form.